Behavioral Analysis and Intelligence Resource Specialist – Junior Pattern Analyst
Posted: June 14, 2011
Location: Reston, VA
Number of positions:1
Type: Full time employee
Salary: $75,000 to $95,000 – Based on experience
Eligible for a TOP SECRET (TS) – Special Compartmentalized Information (SCI) clearance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Initiates efforts to propose and develop methodologies that will enable effective operational analysis intended to support the execution of the counter-IED fight.
- Develops analytical methodologies and algorithms to support temporal and spatial analysis for behavioral pattern recognition in support of counter-IED efforts.
- Identifies alternative analytic approaches of value and potential to the counter-IED fight.
- Assesses and recommends proposed approaches for the application of modeling and simulation capabilities, visualization approaches, investigative analysis techniques, forecasting methodologies and mathematical applications to the analysis of the counter-IED fight and directs the implementation of those approaches.
- Performs briefings, presentations and delivers analytical findings to all levels and branches of the service.
Desired qualifications include but not limited to:
- The junior analyst shall have the ability to operate under general supervision to assist in the development of dynamic and complex analytical solutions to critical and hazardous problem sets faced by front-line operational personnel.
- The analyst shall possess knowledge of and technical aptitude in working with data systems such as Microsoft Access, Excel, and ArcGIS.
- The junior analyst shall have a minimum of 1 year working with the ATAC (Automated Tactical Analysis of Crime) software.
- The analyst shall display proficiency in written and verbal communication, and shall be capable of operating with confidence and initiative in a high-stress working environment.
- The junior pattern analyst shall possess a BS in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Criminology/Psychology, Geographic/Geospatial Information Systems, Technical or Social Sciences or related field.
- Minimum general experience of at least 3 years.
Key Words: Data mining, statistical analysis, causal analysis, geo-spatial analysis, operations research team, quality control methods, operations research, military, analysis
To apply for this position, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title “Pattern Analyst” in the subject line.